Here’s a starter inspired by a problem in the excellent Cabinet of Curiosities book by Ian Stewart.
The names of 10 students are displayed around the diagram. Start from ‘Mister Mort’ and move clockwise along one edge for each letter as a name is spelled out. You should finish on that person’s name.
create your own
It’s unlikely that your name is also Mr Mort and that you happen to teach a Michelangelo, so you can create your own version here.
- follow the link to Overleaf
- replace the names at the top of the file with words of length 3 - 12 (I have had to use first names and last names in the past to make up the longer names)
- make sure the starting point has length 10
- the preview should automatically update
- download the pdf from the menu at the top
NOTE: The above file is shared on Overleaf and can be edited by anyone, so if the file has been edited and is not usable then there is a read-only version here. You will need to copy the code, create a new paper and paste it into the new document.